Vendor Submission GuidelinesWe invite Informatics Related Submissions from Vendors
If you are a vendor and would like to provide nursing informatics related information or an actual case study, please contact OJNI.
E-Mail CopyHere's what you should send to our Editor-in-Chief
E-mail one copy of the manuscript and cover letter in the body of the e-mail document or as an attached document to OJNI Submission.
If you do not receive a reply from an editor within five days confirming receipt of your submission, please contact OJNI.
Include any images/figures and tables at the end of your manuscript, labeled as Figure 1, Table 1, and so on.
Download a copy of our OJNI Submissions: Author Guidelines
Submissions undergo a double-blind, peer review. A decision to publish
is based upon the reviews. No submission will be returned.
Submissions Rules for submitted manuscripts
- No author information should appear on the manuscript
- Use the most recent Publication
Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA)
- ABSTRACT - no longer than 150 words
- No longer than 20 pages including references
- Font must be 12 point Courier or Times New Roman
- Must contain 5 key words that can be used to search for the paper
using a search engine or library database.
Cover Letter Include a cover page with the following:
- Title of Submission
- Name(s) of author(s). The first author listed will be considered
the principal author unless stated otherwise*.
- Fax and phone number(s)
- E-mail address(es) and URL(s)
*The principal author will be contacted regarding the submission.
Principal Author's Responsibilities
Upon acceptance for publication, the principal author must
- Approve the e-galley and assume responsibility for scrutinizing the
accuracy of the material, including references, as it appears in the
- Submit written e-mail approval for the e-galley as edited within the
timeframe designated by OJNI
- Provide a biographical sketch for each author
- Grant permission to publish the submission and assign issue copyright
to OJNI in writing via e-mail
OJNI reserves the right to edit all submissions not only to conform to
style and space limitations, but also for clarity.
A Letter of inquiry to the editors is welcome. However, such letters are not required.
Peer Review Process Once a manuscript is accepted for review, this process occurs
The journal is published each FEBRUARY, JUNE, and OCTOBER. Manuscripts are accepted any time and the date of publication, if accepted, will depend on the review process and any editing changes requested.
Download a copy of the Peer Review Process (pdf format).