The Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI) is a free, international, professional, refereed publication that focuses on nursing informatics in all practice settings. OJNI is committed to addressing the theoretical and practical aspects of nursing informatics as it relates to the art of nursing. CINAHL indexes the journal.
We are proud that our readership spans 49 countries!
The Journal was initiated in 1996 making OJNI the longest running journal dedicated to Nursing Informatics.
NEWS: The HIMSS Foundation and the HIMSS Nursing Informatics Community are pleased to announce a new acquisition - The Online Journal of Nursing Informatics (OJNI).
Beginning with the Volume 14, Issue 3 October 2010 edition, five new columns were introduced, written by our new Senior Editor team of nursing informatics experts. In 2012 and 2013 two columns were retired, and two more added.
SENIOR EDITOR COLUMNS
- Issues, Impacts and Insights, written by Dr. Judith A. Effken (2010)
- Crucial Conversations about Optimal Design, written by Dr. Nancy Staggers (2010)
- Future Thoughts Now, written by Dr. Scott Erdley (2010)
- The Frontier: Floating in the Cloud and Networking in an Internet Connected World, written by Dr. Kay Sackett (2012)
- A Canadian Perspective on Nursing Informatics, written by Dr. Lynn Nagle (2012)
- Different seas, same boats? written by Dr. Peter Murray (2010 - 2013)
- Achieving Meaningful Use in Research with Information Technology,
written by Dr. Kathryn H. Bowles (2010 - 2012)
- We must also welcome our newest Contributing Editor, Dr. Sookyung Hyun.
- Sookyung joins our other well-known existing Contributing Editor, Bob Pyke Jr.
- Dr. Kathleen Mastrian is our Senior Managing Editor.
- Dr. Nedra Farcus is our Associate Editor for Student Submissions
Visit our "Team" section to learn more about all of our Editorial Team changes.
OJNI is pleased to be associated with CIAHNL and ProQuest:
We welcome the input and involvement of nursing scholars, nurse informaticians, and others interested in becoming involved with OJNI - there are many opportunities! We actively encourage manuscripts and technological reviews that are relevant to nurses, as well as other submissions (such as multimedia presentations and personal case studies) to feature in our journal.
OJNI is published every 4 months and is launched at the end of February, June, and October. We welcome your submissions, comments, and suggestions.
The OJNI wants to exploit the power of cyberspace in order to create an electronic nursing informatics community that provides both virtually accessible and timely information about nursing informatics globally.